Microsoft LOL-port

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Back in March or so, I bought a Microsoft/Razer HABU mouse. Paid a nice £40 and fell in love with the level of comfort in the thing.

Over in June now and the mouse is breaking. I've fiddled around with the settings but it turns out the left mouse button is going. Most of the time now it double clicks when you want to single click. I think - yey! Customer support time!

I emailed Razer and the online store I bought it from. Basically amounts to "Contact Microsoft - heres their contact details".

I click the URL. Okay, they want to charge me £40+Vat just to send them an email? And then my PID code says "not a Microsoft product".

So... Microsoft and Razer are both denying support for the mouse, despite both sites telling me to buy it.

Bloody thing. Bloody Microsoft. I don't know what to do here. Nobody is taking responsibility for a broken mouse. Time to make a documentary about it? :D

2. jono_3 macrumors regular

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

They've served me well over the years. I'm back using an Intellimouse Explorer (or something like that) I purchased oh-so many years ago. I should have gone with the proper Razer mouse I was looking at :eek:

All this said. I think my Habu knows a little too much - it's been behaving itself today.

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I've always liked microsoft mice (gasp!), though I have found that their buttons can get wonky from time to time. That said I need to go about finding a replacement for my trackball, which no longer clicks without roughly three fingers of pressure.

Glad it's years out of warranty so I don't have to feel obliged to run the tech support labyrinth to get a replacement. :D

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I absolutely adore Microsoft Mice and keyboards. (The two things they do right) They are very comfortable and functional. Get you another M$ Mouse, raggedjimmi!

6. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

despite being kinda small, my logitech v240 (IIRC) works pretty well, even though it is a notebook mouse

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Could be worse. I was interrogated by some guy over in India for trying to activate my copy of XP one too many times :rolleyes:

8. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I would call Microsoft Customer Support direct. Really drill them about how it is only 3 months old and has stopped working properly.

9. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Weird.

Razers quality is pretty top notch.

I have their 5.1 Barracuda headphones, and man, are they comfy, and the sound is beautiful.

Weird about MS too, as my wireless optical mouse and Digital Pro keyboard are both working superbly, and I'm rough on stuff. :p

10. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Well since neither company is taking responsibility and the shop isn't going to replace it, I'm going to try and fix it myself.

I've noticed that it works fine if it has been left unused for a day or so. But after a few hours it will slowly degrade again. What I'm going to do is shave off part of the 'stick' that touches the base of the button. Whenever I push the circuit board down it starts to function correctly, if momentarily.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

So that has happened to you too... :p ;) :D :)