Microsoft Luke

markoibook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
Reading, UK.
My friends and I (who are Mac fanatics) have a friend called Luke who is an absolute Microsoft fanatic and whom we often spend an evening down the pub winding him up about the whole Microsoft/Apple thing. Its always great fun, as he seldom wins, yet always refuses to accept that Apple rock.
Anyway, my friends are very musical, and a while back Luke asked if they could write him a little ditty - a theme tune as it were. So we sat down last week and wrote a song for our friend Luke and his love of Microsoft, and we're really chuffed with it - we even have a music video!
Anyway, thought you guys might like it - as it has an Apple versus Microsoft theme to it, and is pretty darn good if I don't say so myself!
You can download it, and read the story behind it at our websites as follows:
www.foylesystems.com
www.etingley.com

Please enjoy - and be sure to pass it on to your friends!!!

PS Comments would be very welcome :D

Marko

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2005
markoibook said:
My friends and I (who are Mac fanatics) have a friend called Luke who is an absolute Microsoft fanatic and whom we often spend an evening down the pub winding him up about the whole Microsoft/Apple thing. Its always great fun, as he seldom wins, yet always refuses to accept that Apple rock.
Anyway, my friends are very musical, and a while back Luke asked if they could write him a little ditty - a theme tune as it were. So we sat down last week and wrote a song for our friend Luke and his love of Microsoft, and we're really chuffed with it - we even have a music video!
Anyway, thought you guys might like it - as it has an Apple versus Microsoft theme to it, and is pretty darn good if I don't say so myself!
You can download it, and read the story behind it at our websites as follows:
www.foylesystems.com
www.etingley.com

Please enjoy - and be sure to pass it on to your friends!!!

PS Comments would be very welcome :D

Marko
Even thougth i like your enthusiasm, do you really need to make 2 thread about it ?

markoibook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
Reading, UK.
mfacey said:
Maybe its just my sound setup but the sound on the flash video is so muffled that I can't hear a thing! :confused:
Hmm I am confused by this one - try the wmv, or listen to the mp3 - the mp3 is both longer and better quality!

markoibook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
Reading, UK.
Billicus said:
Well done... my only comment is this: You posted the video in Windows Media Format? :eek:
It's available in wmv format because Microsoft Luke himself loves the video and song so much that he converted it for his microsoft friends - and I haven't had time yet to convert to quicktime.....it is in flash format though!!!

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
i liked it, but please edit the flash movie, the sound quality is horrible and you can hardly understand the words

Great job!

markoibook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
Reading, UK.
heaven said:
i liked it, but please edit the flash movie, the sound quality is horrible and you can hardly understand the words

Great job!
Sorry - I literally taught myself a bit of flash just to make the movie - I have never used flash before!!!
Hopefully you downloaded the mp3, as the sound quality is much much better!

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
markoibook said:
It's available in wmv format because Microsoft Luke himself loves the video and song so much that he converted it for his microsoft friends - and I haven't had time yet to convert to quicktime.....it is in flash format though!!!
I figured that was the case... still kind of ironic. ;)

markoibook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
Reading, UK.
mkrishnan said:
*thanks Heaven that this thread isn't about another product like Microsoft Bob or a new replacement for the evil paperclip....*
Lol, I'd forgotten about Microsoft Bob! Be rest assured though that Luke is actually a real person and not actually a Microsoft product!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.