Microsoft Messenger for Mac Sucks on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daLat, Aug 15, 2011.

1. daLat macrumors newbie

Does anyone else believe this?

I have msn for mac and it's horrible, some of my old contacts that i deleted a while ago keep reappearing to haunt me.

The block list comes out of no where, and i can't clear it (i've reinstalled mac and messenger and its still there)

the overall user account/client just feels really cluttered up. i dont want to make a new msn account to fix this issue.

also i can't even change my profile picture.

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Why not use Adium? It's infinitely better, the only problem is that there's no video chat support for MSN.

3. daLat thread starter macrumors newbie

because adium lacks some of msn features

and the statusupdates/display picture changes dont always work

deleting contacts is extremely buggy

theres also no support for emoticon, call/vid, and group chat is kinda funky

4. rgaryw macrumors newbie

I cant even get into MSN anymore. IT just comes up that I may not be connected to the internet or that it is not available. This started about three weeks ago. Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions?

5. Nioxic macrumors regular

This is why i just completely switched to skype..

<3

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

It took me years but I finally dumped Microsoft Messenger. People still find me and I find them using other services. I wish Microsoft still had Comic Chat though.

7. Koby-T macrumors newbie

Could it be that your Windows Live password automatically expires after 72 days? That's what I had, and it took me quite a while to find out.