Microsoft Messenger Issue - Extremely long duration to login?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jwei, Nov 30, 2010.

1. jwei macrumors newbie

Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me with my login issue.

It seems that recently my Microsoft Messenger 8 takes reaaaaally long to login. Specifically 2+ minutes or so. When I first got my MBA (new gen) and installed it it worked fine, but lately it just slowed down completely?

I've tried on my PC to see if its something router related, no problem it signs in fine there. I've tried on my mac to disable the firewall, ensure that its listed to accept connections, deleting the preferences folder and also deleting/reinstalling the program but still no luck!

Any help?

Thanks in advance

2. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

i had the same problem a while back, pain in the arse and nothing with firewalls etc solved it. i resulted in assuming microsoft do it on purpose so i switched to www.meebo.com! Its a really useful alternative and better in so many ways as it is easy to use while surfing and has an iOS app which stays up to date with your computer so you can chat on your computer, grab your phone when you go out and the convo loads up where you left off and it doesnt keep telling you youve signed in twice as you can sign in everywhere if you wish!!

Make the switch:p if not grab aMSN if you still prefer an app but give meebo a try! Microsoft Messenger is DEAD! long live meebo!

3. DrewD67 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue yesterday where it seems to sit there forever trying to connect, what makes it worse is that everytime I opened up hotmail in safari it came up saying logged out of Messenger due to being logged in elsewhere.

Not got to the bottom of why.