Microsoft Messenger Problem.... Arg

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arkanok, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Hey everybody,

I sometimes have a habit of typing something into an IM window and then begin typing something else again to the same person. This morning though, I opened up my messenger and began typing a message to a friend, but all of a sudden something started to happen. If I type a message, hit enter to send it, I cannot begin typing right away again... I have to physically click into the message box to get it to allow me to type.

This has NEVER happened to me before and I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening. The only things I've installed lately are the Safari 4 Beta and I updated Adobe Air. Both of those things don't have anything in common with Messenger so I don't think they'd affect it in any way.

Does anybody else have this problem and know how to fix it? It's making having a conversation really painful...

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Do a search there's loads of threads on this, hell there was one above yours on forum spy...

It's Safari 4, using a newer version of webkit interferes with Messenger, either switch to Adium, or switch back to Safari 3.

The exact same thing happened when Safari 3 beta came out...

3. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Alright thanks. I usually do searches on small problems I have and never come up with anything and I thought this would have been one of those problems so I didn't bother searching.

Thanks though.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you search using MRoogle, you're more likely to find what you're looking for than using the standard forum search.