Microsoft Messenger Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shaun.P, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Hi there,

I have some old accounts in Microsoft Messenger - so when I go to login, and select which account I want to use there is some old ones that I don't want to be displayed anymore. This is especially annoying because my friend used Messenger on my computer once, and is username is in the drop down box and it's extremely annoying!

I have tried deleting Messenger, and reinstalling it, and and doing this for all associated files, but when I reinstall the software, it still picks up my old accounts.

Microsoft Messenger should have a feature to remove old accounts from being displayed. Does anyone know of a way to do this?!

Thanks for your help,

Shaun

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

This is a common problem I think. Try deleting the Messenger with AppZapper?

3. Fillado macrumors member

Have you tried getting rid of the Microsoft Messenger Data folder in Home > Documents > Microsoft User Data (this will delete your custom emoticons, but I suppose you could try deleting only the cache folder in there)?

4. 66217 Guest

Try using Adium. You won't regret making the change.

I love MSN Messenger, but the one for the PC, the one for Mac is just horrible.

5. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Yes I've tried deleting all associated folders. It is annoying me so much!