Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Here's my situation. I looking to sell my powerbook and get a mini, as I don't need the portability. I already install Microsoft Office 2004 and entered the code. I'm wondering if I delete Office off my Powerbook, will I be able to install it on my new Mini. There are only three codes on the box, so does that mean that I can only install it on three different times or what. I would can microsoft support, but I don't want to use up one of my two freebies before it costs me 35 bucks.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
macbaseball said:
Here's my situation. I looking to sell my powerbook and get a mini, as I don't need the portability. I already install Microsoft Office 2004 and entered the code. I'm wondering if I delete Office off my Powerbook, will I be able to install it on my new Mini. There are only three codes on the box, so does that mean that I can only install it on three different times or what. I would can microsoft support, but I don't want to use up one of my two freebies before it costs me 35 bucks.
Don't worry about it... even if you deplete your product activations, you can call Microsoft and get another activation. They make you call in just to deter piracy... it takes several minutes to complete the process. It's not a "use 'em all up and now you're screwed" type of situation.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
macbaseball said:
Ok that's good. Thanks for the quick response.
Oh, yeah, calls for product activation are always free of charge... it's not the technical support group that you'd be calling, but a separate product activation department.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.