Microsoft Office 2007 Problems on Mac Platform

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brew4, Jan 9, 2008.

1. brew4 macrumors newbie

I've downloaded the converter from mactopia and can convert the docx files, but cannot find anything free to convert xlsx files. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

NeoOffice might be able to open xlsx, otherwise contact the person who gave you the files and ask for them in a normal format.

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

And if you just need to view them and are running Leopard, quicklook will let you view it, including support for multiple spreadsheets. :)

4. brew4 thread starter macrumors newbie

NeoOffice and QuickLook

Thanks for these great suggestions, and so fast. Can I use NeoOffice with Leopard? I saw an article on the NeoOffice website that warns of severe problems with Leopard. I'm running a new MacBook that was sold with Leopard as the OS.

With QuickLook, I can look, but can't copy and paste into another spreadsheet, or even print so that's a problem.

Thanks.

5. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

I use NeoOffice in my Macbook with Leopard on a regular basis and haven't had any problem. I guess the warning posted in their web site refers to incompatibilities caused by certain application enhancers and Leopard, those are documented also in these forums. If you haven't installed any of those in your system you should be fine.

Cheers! :apple: