Microsoft Office 2008 Upgrade. becoming more difficult

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fyrmedic, Jan 24, 2008.

1. fyrmedic macrumors member

OK So I Jumped on the bandwagon and purchased Office 2004 with the carrot of getting 08 at a reduced price. I cut proof of purchase, photo copied reciepts and mailed under the timeline. wiped my brow and kicked back to await my New copy.

first email stated it will not be shipped until end of Jan..ok I can wait.

now I get an e-mail that says. If I dont reply now I will not get my copy. it had now been pushed back to end of march. and I had three choices. Don't wait any more and give up. Wait until the expected ship date then give up. Or check the box that says. Don't care when it ships send it to me. Boy did I get suckered by MS. they are making it as painful as possible to get my copy of Office. I wonder how many people got on the hook for office 04 and are going to give up on the upgrade:mad:

2. dborja macrumors 6502a

At least you got an email; two even! I sent in the paper form and have not received any acknowledgement. I finally called and was advised to do an online claim and attach a note when I send in proof of purchase saying that I already had sent in my boxtop. The hope is that the two claims would be reconciled and everything works out. I called again yesterday to check and got the same status. I was told that it might take time since they received upwards of 60,000 claims and are processing them manually...

3. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

getting tricky with the e-mail

I just spoke to a friend of mine and he accidently erased his e-mail. the last mail sent out stated if you still want office don't reply...this latest mail stated If you still want it you need to reply.(I know personal responsibility) but it seem as though MS got what they wanted clearing the shelves of office 04. and are hoping most of us will give up on trying to get our copy of 08.:(
    hey is franticly working his way though phone trees to try and undo the boo boo.

4. glide macrumors regular

I got the same set of emails. First one said take no action and we will ship as soon as it is available. Second one said if I did not take action it would not ship at all and a refund would be issued. Yeah; I think I'll take my free copy of Office 2008 rather than get my $9 back for shipping...

My initial ship date was end of January. Now I'm looking at the end of February. Do you really not have enough copies of the software to ship out? What a bunch of BS.

5. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

I'm still waiting to hear something too. I haven't bothered calling yet, I'll wait a little longer, I was expecting the 6-8 week delay like they originally said anyway. They sure don't make it easy for you.

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

It would be nice if Microsoft allowed you to download it and use it until they can ship out the media.

7. dborja macrumors 6502a

It's hard to believe their Order Fulfillment department is bogged down. I've had very good experience with their Windows-based products OF in the past...

You would think that they'd be pushing the product to upgraders at a furious pace and build on their loyalty and free word-of-mouth advertising. If the delays are intentional then they are taking a gamble on new adopters and that we'd be desparate for MSO 2008. Not in my case - I'll keep using MSO 2004 until either they fulfill my upgrade or forever.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just a little ticked...:mad:

8. dborja macrumors 6502a

+1. I'd even be ok if they gave it a 60-day activation while they sort out our eligibility and build enough inventory to ship out the disks...

9. smochs macrumors newbie

I haven't gotten a recent email asking me to take action, my last email was from 1/8/08 and just had a link to check status. My shipping date had fallen back as late as March 2008, but currently reads that it will ship on 2/17/08. If that happens is anybody's guess. I did however get my $100 rebate check last week.

10. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Hey I just got an email today, woo hoo! It say shipping 2/18

11. dborja macrumors 6502a

Congrats! I hope to get one soon, too...