Microsoft Office 2011 Problem!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hypervish89, Aug 5, 2011.

1. hypervish89 macrumors regular

I have office 2011 installed on lion. In word, I get an error that the spelling check files are corrupted or missing. So, I tried reinstalling word but I still get the same error.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Spelling check is one of the things that broke with Lion.

3. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, ok that's what I thought but I thought it was worth asking just in case. Well, hopefully that damn update comes soon. LoL

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Unfortunately MS has already stated that the update is months away :(

5. heisetax macrumors 6502a

Office 2014 or is it Office 2015 fo the Mac

How many months do they mean? Do they mean when the next major Mac version of MS Office comes out in 2015 or 2016. Or do they mean in 6-8 months or so? I would like the shorter time but with past experience with MS I fully expect the time to be he 2015 to 2016 time frame.

I just can't believe the MS would do this much of an upgrade for them that fast or for no cost to the end user. If it comes sooner I wonder how they will charge for it? If it comes later how many of the next set of Mac OS changes will we have to wait months or yeas for?

I have my income tax prep program written in Excel. I've tried others but none will come close. So if I switch to Mac OS 10.7 Lion from Mac OS 10.6.8 I'd like at least 2 or 3 of the possible useful features to work for me. The lack of support by MS of the few things in Lion that I would actually use means that Lion is not yet ready to roar on my Macs. I've been using Lon more now, but my actual default boot volume is a newly rebuilt Mac OS 10.6.8 volume. I must be ready for Mac OS 10.7 as we plan to add 2 new Macs later this year or early next year. As any medium to long term Mac User knows that means that the new Mac will only run Mac OS 10.7 Lon or later.

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I've not noticed any spell check issues on Office 11. I'm only using US English, though.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No Issues Here

And I'm using British dictionaries. Strange how these faults crop up at random, and on different machines, but withe the same software.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

9. dionnfr macrumors member

I don't have any spell check problems, I'm also using US English.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I googled it and it seems to be affecting a number of people who have upgraded to Lion

11. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc