Microsoft Office crashing on startup after Yosemite upgrade!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shteinky, Feb 16, 2015.

1. shteinky macrumors newbie

I've been using Microsoft Office (mainly Word and Powerpoint) on my 2013 Macbook Pro for a long time with no issue. I recently upgraded to Yosemite, and now any attempt at starting one of the Office program results in the program freezing out and not responding. I've updated Office to version 14.4.7 to no avail, and ended up reinstalling the program multiple times. Now it won't let me update to 14.4.7, giving me a message that the correct version of the program I'm trying to update isn't located on my hard drive...I've checked and deleted any duplicate fonts, and verified the other font permissions, but no luck!

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Remove your Microsoft Office 2011 (just drag to the trash, and empty the trash)
    Go to your ~/Library folder, then Preferences, Drag all files that start with com.microsoft. to the trash (I have more than 30 of those files)
    While still in Preferences, drag the Microsoft folder to the trash.

In the same ~/Library folder, go to the Application Support, then the Microsoft folder.
    Go to User Templates. Trash the file "Normal.dotm"

Restart your Mac before proceeding, then empty your trash again before installing Office.
    Reinstall your Office 2011.
    Be sure to launch one of the Office apps (doesn't matter which one), to make sure it works before you try updating your Office version.

If your install results in Service Pack 1 (Office apps will be version 14.1.0 or higher), download the current update, which is 14.4.8 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downlo...d=B394D1C0-4D0D-4B85-BE48-22BBE71EADF6#viewer
    Install that 14.4.8 update that you just downloaded.

Finally - Disk Utility, Repair Disk Permissions. Finally, restart your Mac.

That should get your Office working again...

3. shteinky thread starter macrumors newbie