microsoft office excel for macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicole15, Mar 15, 2011.

1. nicole15 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to create a simple line graph or scatter plot where it can display the line and the equation of the line. I have it all created and now I can't figure out how to format or add the x and y axis titles. When I click on them it only let's me manipulate the values but won't let me add the title. Help!

2. kuruption macrumors member

If you select the chart then in the top ribbon bit select the purple chart layout tab there are options for chart title, axis titles, legends etc. when you click them you get a drop down menu giving the options. I hope that is helpful and by the way this is for office 2011, i can't help with 2008/2004 as i did not use it much and do not have it anymore, so sorry if you have 2008/2004!

3. nicole15 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Select the chart, click on the toolbox icon in the toolbar. Near the top of the toolbox it reads "chart options", under which is a combo box that has the options of chart title and each of the axis titles. Select the axis you want to change, the enter the title in the appropriate text field below.

5. nicole15 thread starter macrumors newbie