MIcrosoft office outlook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by thbugman, Jan 30, 2008.

1. thbugman macrumors newbie

The wife and i are getting a new iMac come Friday. How do we transfer our microsoft outlook contacts to our new imac. Without keeping outlook? We would like to not use any windows products if we can help it.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

You may want to look at this site:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040217024237684

It will, hopefully, show you how to save the contacts to Address Book. If you don't know, Address Book is OS X's program to keep your contacts organized. If you decide to use Mail.app (OS X's mail program), then it will automatically show up anytime you want to email a contact from Address Book. You shouldn't have to import the contacts anymore after they are in Address Book.

Also, check out the comments. There may be some easier ways to do it. I've never used Outlook, so I can't tell you exactly how to do it.

One last tidbit. Address Book can import contact files whether they are in vCard, LDIF, Text File, or Address Book Archive format. See if you can export from Outlook using one of those formats.

If this doesn't help, reply back with which version of Outlook you are using and hopefully someone can help you out more.