Microsoft Office v.X Student and Teacher Edition

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LaurenEmily, Aug 31, 2008.

1. LaurenEmily macrumors newbie

In this software, they use Entourage. My other Mac crashed and so I have the hard drive in a hard drive case and want to import my old Entourage email and addresses to my new Mac. I have downloaded the Office software with Entourage into the new Mac, but it will not import any of the items I want. Can you help me

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Are you using the same version of Entourage (that is, Entourage v.X) on the new computer as the old one? If you're using a different version of Entourage, which one is it?

What are the exact steps that you're taking to try to import things? What is the exact error message that comes up?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. LaurenEmily thread starter macrumors newbie

Microsoft Office v.X Student and Teacher Edition

It's the same version, but it's in a package with Microsoft Office v.X Student and Teacher Edition. I've tried importing, finding files on the old hard drive and trying to move or copy them to the new. Each time I do, it just comes up with an email window. Even if I email the file as an attachment, trying to open the attachment just opens another email window.

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

What happens when you try to import?
    What happens when you try to find the files on the old drive and moving them to the new one?

Please tell me the exact steps that you've taken, and tell me exactly what happens on each of the steps that you take. Be very verbose! From what you've written here, I can't figure out what you've tried, what is failing, or why it's failing.

You might find that it's a lot faster and easier to make an appointment at your local Apple Store with the Genius Bar, and take in your new Mac and your old hard drive. They'll probably be able to figure out what has happened and be able to get you up and running in no time.

Regards,
    Nadyne.