Microsoft office X

edwardlanti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
new york city
Hey guys i need help here. i am a newbie on mac. yesterday i install microsoft office X on my mac and i put my father S/N by mistake and now when i open office it tells me that the s/n is already used by another computer. I tried uninstall it and install office again but everytime i do it the s/n keep coming up and it dont let me put my S/N. what should i do?

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
?

By what method did you uninstall? If you just dragged the folder to the trash, this won't de-serialize (if that's a word) MS Office. Somewhere in the Office folder (in the Accessories or Utilities or something like that) is an office uninstaller application. Run that uninstaller app and it should prepare you for a fresh install.

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
yes you are going to have to use the uninstaller to make sure everything is gone in order for you to put in a different serial number, or i believe you could delete the prefernces, but im not 100% sure that is where the sn is stored

Comment

edwardlanti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
new york city
Moof1904 said:
By what method did you uninstall? If you just dragged the folder to the trash, this won't de-serialize (if that's a word) MS Office. Somewhere in the Office folder (in the Accessories or Utilities or something like that) is an office uninstaller application. Run that uninstaller app and it should prepare you for a fresh install.

well the thing is that i cant find no uninstaller inside the office folder, so what i did i just drag the folder to the waste basket.

Comment

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
edwardlanti said:
well the thing is that i cant find no uninstaller inside the office folder, so what i did i just drag the folder to the waste basket.
There is an uninstaller on the installer CD.

-> Value Pack -> Remove Office -> Remove Office

Comment

Jsmit

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2004
Boston
To remove Office 2004:

Run the "Remove Office" program found in the "Remove Office" folder in the "Additional Tools" folder which it selft is in the "Microsoft Office 2004" folder.

Comment