Microsoft Office...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doylee01, Dec 27, 2008.

1. doylee01 macrumors member

Hi, im running into trouble installing MS office 2008 for mac on my imac. I have installed the applications and typed in the serial code but whenever i open any of the applications i just get the MS update manager come up and when i'm prompted to search for updates, i do it and nothing happens. I have tried everything including reinstalls but to no luck...

Any ideas?

Thanks,Jack.

2. chkdg8 macrumors 6502

Try to do a complete uninstall with a removal program. I recommend AppZapper or CleanApp. Even though you're performing an uninstall, they're still a couple of hidden files that remain. Try that and then do another fresh install. On a personal note, I was running Mac Office 2008 and I just uninstalled it for Neo Office and I'm very satisfied with it.

3. chscag macrumors 68000

The original MS Office 2008 update manager is "brain damaged". :rolleyes:

I had the same problem..... The installer for Office 2008 places the updater into the wrong folder and it doesn't work properly. The cure is to get the latest updates from the Microsoft site directly and install as necessary. After that it'll be corrected. The latest update to Office 2008 is 12.1.5, however, I'm not sure the updates are cumulative as they are for Windows Office. You may have to download them one by one and install.

Go here: https://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.mspx

Click on "downloads" from the upper menu selection.

Regards.