Microsoft Office

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pangelpip, Apr 10, 2009.

1. pangelpip macrumors newbie

I need access to Word and Excel for work. These are documents I want to pull out of MobileMe. What is the best and cheapest (preferably free :D ) software out there for Microsoft Office? My sister has a Microsoft student teacher edition I can use but I dont want to use up her last key but I dont want to spend a fortune unless need be. So any advice would be helpful - thanks!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

NeoOffice and OpenOffice.org are free and work well.

If you actually need MS Office, then you'll have to buy it.

3. pangelpip thread starter macrumors newbie

and they are both safe to use - like no spyware or anything? if they have that I would just rather go buy MS

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Probably safer than Office. I use both. NeoOffice is based on OpenOffice. OpenOffice is an open source project managed by Sun Computers.

5. chandsa Guest

Have you checked out iWork'09? I have purchased a license for this and I have been impressed by the ease of use. It just works! I have had it for about 3 months now (including the trial period) and honestly I haven't felt the need to get MS Office..

If you want to try it out, I would encourage you to download the trial version and the files can be saved as a copy in the .doc, .xls, .ppt formats.