Microsoft & OSX for Calendar Sharing et.c

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LuthersBoots, Nov 3, 2011.

1. LuthersBoots macrumors member

Hi all, I am starting a new role with work and i basically need to get myself more organised.

I use remote desktop to access a windows computer to do my day to day work. (email, access database e.t.c) And i use a MAC for my own personal use.

I want to use my MAC / iPhone / iPad as much as possible and the company is fine with this.

One thing I want to do is sync an Outlook Calendar with iCal? i.e Whatever I have typed up in my outlook calendar and to do, also shows up in my iCal (iphone/Ipad e.t.c)

Is this at all possible?

2. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Only way it would be possible is if your company will allow you to use iCloud or your company has a Microsoft Exchange server.

Either of these options will work for you. iCloud will seamlessly sync your contacts/calendars/bookmarks/notes/reminders between your devices...and it's FREE

A microsoft exchange server will allow you to sync contacts, calendars and notes.

You'd need to check with your IT group to see if they can help you with an exchange server or if they will allow you to use iCloud to sync your data.

Also, just say Mac, not MAC. It's not an acronym for anything :)

3. LuthersBoots thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply.
    My remote computer runs XP so that cancels out iCloud.
    We do run an exchange server however, but I am having trouble configuring it to iCal.
    I cannot get it to sync.