Microsoft outlook 2010 help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Enjoylife1788, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

I am planning to use MS Outlook 2010 for my emails. Uptil now i was strictly using web. I wanna use as an IMAP option.

The issue is that my GMAIL email account is almost 5 years old. So if i use IMAP it will download all the messages right from start. This is what i dont want. I do have limited bandwidth on my wifi ( Yes, it does happen in few parts of the world) . So all i want is outlook to download only 1 month old emails or even 6 months also i dont mind. and then just download the new ones as they arrive. Let the emails older than 1 month or 6 months remain the way they are.

Is there any option to do so???

2. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

M sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section. Please don't mind. M really looking for this answer..

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Firstly

I have to say that Outlook for Mac is really buggy....I've got the 2011 version and it sucks. So badly in-fact that I use Thunderbird as my main email client.

If you want to use it, why don't you download all the messages you want to keep, save them to a folder (Saved `Email?) then wipe the messages from your gmail account and THEN configure Outlook....Good luck with it though, I gave up:)

4. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No that I wouldn't wanna do.. Wjat if I wanna have access to a few emails when I don't have access to my computer. Also it's prone to data loss..

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Outlook 2010 is a Windows application. Why are you asking about it on a Mac forum?

6. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I assumed the options would be similar with office 2011 for mac.. :)