microsoft outlook web access

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ondagaskiknass, Jul 11, 2009.

1. ondagaskiknass macrumors newbie

I am trying to connect my school email address through my mac mail. When i try and add the email address i need to fill out these fields:

Account Type: I was told it was imap but when i do exchange it brings me an option for outlook web access. Dont know what to put here

Incoming mail server: I tried uwsp.edu and it did not work. it gives me a message "cannot connect to mail server"

Username: through my college's website my username is tlobe432. Guessing i use that not my email adress? troy.j.XXXXXXXX@uwsp.edu

Password: my password obviously

outlook web access server: this option only appears when i choose exchange for the account type. No idea what to put here.

Help Please and thank you :)
    Troy

2. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Mail 3.0 in Leopard does not natively support MS Exchange. Connect using IMAP for now, then switch over to native Exchange (OWA) when Snow Leopard is released in Sept.

3. ondagaskiknass thread starter macrumors newbie

even in imap my incomming mail server is wrong and i dont know what to set it as.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You say that your school uses Exchange for its email. Many firms including mine do not allow direct access to Exchange servers outside the LAN. Outside the LAN, these firms require the Outlook Web Access webmail client. Does your school allow direct access to its Exchange server outside the LAN or is it like mine and requires Outlook Web Access?

5. ondagaskiknass thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea if they use exchange. Any way for me to find out? At my log in page through uwsp.edu it says i use microsoft outlook web access, if that is what you are asking. Sorry im not very good with the terms and such.

6. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Yup, it's definitely using an Exchange server.

7. ondagaskiknass thread starter macrumors newbie

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Contact your Exchange IT folks.

They will tell you if you can use IMAP to connect to the Exchange server, and if so, what to put in the fields.

Sometimes, they limit OWA access to using a web browser only.

9. matperk macrumors 6502

10. ondagaskiknass thread starter macrumors newbie