Microsoft Powerpoint 2008 freezing on SlideShow with Multiple displays. Work around?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sparkie7, Apr 11, 2009.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Title pretty much says it. Is this a bug? Any ideas of a fix or work around? Thanks in advance :D

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

You mean just hooking your computer up to a single external display? Does it freeze immediately when you hook it up, or freeze when you enter slideshow mode, or something else?

Are you up-to-date with your Office 2008 patches? The most recent version is 12.1.5.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Hi Nadyne, thanks for the reply :) It freezes when I enter slideshow mode. I have three spanning displays hooked up to my Mac Pro. I think Powerpoint can't handle the multiple display set-up. The only way around it at the moment is to manually go to;

Slideshow > Set up show > and click on the Browsed by an individual (window). The default "Presented by a speaker" (Full screen) freezes my machine.

I dont have the most recent patch you mention. Do you have a direct link?

Thanks again :D

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

There's been an update since I wrote that, we're at 12.1.7 now. The easiest way to update is to open PowerPoint, go to the Help menu, and select "check for updates". You can also manually download the updates from Mactopia.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

5. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

6. nadyne macrumors 6502a

What video card are you using? Are you using more than one?

Regards,
    Nadyne.