Microsoft Powerpoint 2008 is so damn slow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benthewraith, Oct 14, 2009.

1. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Seriously, just working a powerpoint with 5-7 slides slows text typing down to a crawl even on a computer with 4 GB of RAM. Text still lags in Microsoft Word, why can't Microsoft do anything right? The performance of these applications have been completely shoddy. Is there anything I can do besides consult higher authorities which I've already done to speed PowerPoint up?

2. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

And thus we see why so many of us stuck with Office 2004 which while not Intel native is no slower than Office 2008 and in fact in many respects quicker. It still bogs down though which is why for presentations I use Keynote which is far faster and a better presentation tool all around compared with Powerpoint which is simply dreadful.

3. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

I have Office 2008 on my iMac and Macbook. Both are Intel Core 2 Duo, 3+GB RAM and it still runs like a dog.

I have Office 2004 on my PowerBook, PPC of course. It has 512MB RAM and a 4200rpm hard drive. Everything about Office is faster - load time, usability, etc.

I find this quite hilarious (not really... being sarcastic...).