Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Seriously, just working a powerpoint with 5-7 slides slows text typing down to a crawl even on a computer with 4 GB of RAM. Text still lags in Microsoft Word, why can't Microsoft do anything right? The performance of these applications have been completely shoddy. Is there anything I can do besides consult higher authorities which I've already done to speed PowerPoint up?

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
And thus we see why so many of us stuck with Office 2004 which while not Intel native is no slower than Office 2008 and in fact in many respects quicker. It still bogs down though which is why for presentations I use Keynote which is far faster and a better presentation tool all around compared with Powerpoint which is simply dreadful.

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
I have Office 2008 on my iMac and Macbook. Both are Intel Core 2 Duo, 3+GB RAM and it still runs like a dog.

I have Office 2004 on my PowerBook, PPC of course. It has 512MB RAM and a 4200rpm hard drive. Everything about Office is faster - load time, usability, etc.

I find this quite hilarious (not really... being sarcastic...).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.