Microsoft PowerPoint

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by didak8881, May 9, 2010.

1. didak8881 macrumors newbie

I've just purchased office 08 for my MBP and need to come up with a presentation for work and finding it extremely hard to come up with a useful or presentable 'Theme' that is worth using.

Did i buy the wrong software?? Should i have purchased iLife??

So is there anywhere i could possibly download more themes or does anybody have any tips for how to make a professional presentation with my MBP

2. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

Just so you know, iWork (and Keynote) is Apple's version of Microsoft's Office.

3. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

Your post is quite unspecific - what exactly is your problem? Powerpoint comes with a number of templates, all of them can be adapted quite easily. If this is not enough you can download additional templates from the web. Any Office2007 template should work: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=117457

Most companies have their own templates anyway. I would not try to do something to stylish. Keep your slides clean and concentrate on the content.

4. ssmed macrumors 6502

ssmed

Powerpoint

If you are doing any commercial teaching in large conference centres, Powerpoint is the only accepted programme so stick with it, although Keynote is a fantastic programme. A simple style such as the black and grey and yellow one on the right of page 2 is the one I have used with some success after some small modifications.

Steve

5. didak8881 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry i was my first post:) thanks for the tips guys