Microsoft PPTX presentation on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ZBoater, May 8, 2010.

1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes, I have seen the 200 threads on similar subjects, but they are all over the place. I'd like to hear from PC users who use Microsoft PowerPoint please. :)

I have yet to find an app that will render these accurately. I had Documents To Go on the iPhone and they are coming out with a iPad version. In the meantime, however, I'd like to throw some presentations on the projector using the VGA adapter.

I tried using DropBox (very very nice app by the way) and the rendering was a bit off. My next bet is to convert the PPTX to PDF, and which point I would need a PDF reader that

- displays one page at a time full screen
    - renders complex PDFs accurately
    - outputs to the VGA connector

Ideas? Suggestions? Links to relevant posts? :D

2. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

don't know about the vga output, but goodreader renders every PPTX that I've thrown at it correctly so far.

i haven't noticed it having issues with rendering PDF ones either.

3. Fuzz1812 macrumors newbie

I'm transferring files using dropbox and opening them in goodreader. Goodreader seems to miss some fonts on ppt files ppt files so I've just been saving/transferring them as PDFs and they look pretty nice that way.

4. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

I picked up Goodreader for a buck. Everyone seems to rave about it so I figured I'd give it a shot. I didn't render a ppt too well, so I'll PDF it to see how that goes. I also need to try out the VGA out adapter. Stay tuned.