Microsoft Product Placement

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by kockgunner, Nov 6, 2008.

1. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

It seem slike Microsoft is doing some product placement too. Here's a clip of a random trailer I was watching of Confessions of a Shopaholic. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/confessionsofashopaholic/), not like I would ever watch it :rolleyes:. In the right side of the picture, you can see a laptop with the Vista logo on it.

Attached Files:

2. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

What I think is funny about that is, #1, you have to see the screen to know it's Windows (otherwise you get butt-ugly Dells, Sonys and HPs - which no-one but PC fanboys can tell apart), and #2, people see it and go "It looks like Windows. What Version is it? Is it Windows?"

Apple stuff just looks like Apple. :) :apple:

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Having a lit Apple logo on their laptops was a great move by Apple. You can see it clearly from across the room.

I found it strange that the PowerBook G3 had an upside down Apple. I thought it was have been noticed and deemed ridiculous before the product was even released.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I also never got my head around that design choice…
    Never made any sense.
    :eek:

5. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I think it was so that when the computer was closed, the Apple would be upright according to the user's view. Was that the only computer with the upside down logo though? I thought there were more?

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I can understand the decision from a "purist" design point of view… but as a piece of free advertising it made no sense.
    :p

7. eleven2brett macrumors regular

My old HP laptop had its logo righside up when the notebook was closed facing the user.

8. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I think I saw some product placement in those mini-documentaries about Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I love the irony of going to an Apple site to view a clip showing a Microsoft product.

10. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

haha.

I just thought of how cool it was for Apple to control both the hardware and software of a product. Right now, having an operating system's logo on an OEM laptop doesn't make a lot of sense.

11. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

yah, PC fanboys are exposed to a ghastly diversed world. whereas the mcboys can only recognize one brand/model. being such, its very difficult for them to distinguish between different make/model. i think we are in full agreement here.

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

The G3 iBook had a handle in the hinge area, and thus when you carried it by the handle, the apple logo would be facing upward, which is free advertising.