Microsoft RDP Client - I can't use full screen resolution!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sotiredofsoup, Jan 28, 2011.

1. sotiredofsoup macrumors member

I use Microsoft RDP Client to connect to my work VPN from home and I cannot get it to use the full 1080p of my monitor from OS X. If I boot in windows, it automatically adjusts to the full resolution of my monitor when i open the connection.

I've tried changing the setting for the client in OS X. When I log in through work, I have the option for different resolution settings in our portal. When I choose full screen there, it only ends up being the center of my screen with black bars on the sides of the screen.

It's pretty annoying. I just want to be able to have all my iTunes accessible and switch back and forth from my Mac while having full resolution when I toggle back to my VPN session. The closest I can get is selecting "95% of resolution" and then having it stretch out to the full screen from the View menu.

Probably just me, but has anyone else struggled with something like this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I prefer to use TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's remarkably easy to set up and use, and it's very secure.

3. sotiredofsoup thread starter macrumors member

I actually eventually stumbled across CoRD, and I absolutely love it. Waaaay better than using Microsoft's shotty RDP Client for Mac. Runs way smoother. I find that MS's RDP client slows up my computer and gives me a slow connection to my VPN.

4. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

I would like to second the motion for CoRD. This works with Server 2008 R2, which Microsoft's own RDP client fails. Good stuff.

http://cord.sourceforge.net/

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Click on the RDP menu to adjust the the resolution. I use RDP all the time, and its not quite intuitive but if you need to connect to a windows machine, its one of the better tools.