Microsoft Rebranding

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hari95, Feb 9, 2014.

1. hari95 macrumors newbie

2. TSE macrumors 68030

Pretty good, easy clean layout and readability, and the whole project has a Microsoft-esque feel to it. I especially like the package design and how the logo is incorporated into it.

I'm not sure about the logo design, itself, however. That was the only part of the project I went,"Eh...". I don't quite buy that it was based off of the Microsoft headquarters... a lot of buildings have that kind of compartmentalized, angular design on the outside. I see the reasoning behind it and such, but I didn't even know what the Microsoft headquarters exactly looked like, because it isn't a great looking building and I'm sure most people don't either. Should have based it on something a little more iconic about Microsoft. It's not an awful logo by any means, you did some great package design incorporating it, just not quite sure using the idea it's based off the headquarters is too good of an idea.

That's my only caveat, besides that, great job!

3. APlotdevice, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Hmm, so they finally realized what Apple and other companies did years ago: Less is more.

(Yeah, I completely misread the original post. Oh well.)

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, the logo didn't do much for me either.

5. hari95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback!

The decision behind the logo was one of feasibility. Its hard for a company to completely create a new logo and run with it, I wanted to create something familiar for the company and consumers. Granted it could use a bit more work. Most of the praise for the logo has come from the packaging design, which has been really popular! Thanks again guys!

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Don't really like the logo or the lower-case m in Microsoft. Packaging is nice though.