Microsoft Remote Client

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mecolema, Aug 2, 2012.

1. mecolema, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

mecolema macrumors member

I'm using a 2008 Macbook (Snow Leopard) to access a PC via Microsoft Remote Desktop Client. So far things are going okay, but I have two questions:

1.) I can't seem to right-click, even if I do control+click.

2.) How can I transfer items from the remote PC desktop to my Mac desktop? Is email the fastest way?

Thanks!

2. robvas macrumors 68020

Use CoRD - it's a huge improvement over the Microsoft client.

3. mecolema thread starter macrumors member

I don't have that option—this is what the company told me to use, and I don't know how to set it up on Cord.

4. mecolema thread starter macrumors member

Okay, never mind, I figured out how to use CoRD.

But I still can't figure out (a) how to right-click and (b) how to transfer files from CoRD to my Mac desktop...

5. rharry27 macrumors newbie

Microsoft Remote Client

1) I use an iMac with a tracpad, and to right click I just tap two fingers at once on the tracpad.

2) You can use email to transfer documents between the remote PC desktop to my Mac desktop.

Or (I just read on the CoRD Forums), you can copy and paste using: Ctrl-c or Ctrl-V for the windows side, cmd-c or cmd-v for the Mac side. Apparently it doesn't work in fullscreen mode, but works in windowed mode.

6. mslide macrumors 6502a

I use the Microsoft client. It works fine.

1) With an external, 2-button mouse, right-click should just work. If using the trackpad, control-shift-click to right-click.

2) Lots of ways. I wouldn't use email. Share a folder on one computer and connect to it on the other. You can either share a folder on the windows computer (right-click on the folder in windows explorer and setup sharing) and connect to it on the mac (click on the mac desktop, command-k, "smb://ip_address_of_windows_computer") or vice-versa. That's just one way to do it. For small'ish files, I'll sometimes use Dropbox.