Microsoft seeing Xbox shortages in U.S.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gkarris, Feb 14, 2008.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Hey, I guess it's working for Nintendo's Wii.... ;)

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-seeing-Xbox-shortages-in-U.S./2100-1043_3-6230495.html

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Interesting. Places around me are still completely stocked with 360's.

BestBuy and Gamestop here are full of them

3. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^ around here too, not to mention a lot of used ones available.

MS is starting to get worried from the PS3, so maybe if they create an "artificial" shortage.

I don't believe the whole BS from Nintendo as far as their shortage - they're having trouble getting the slot loading DVD-ROM drive???

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

At the local Walmarts and Best Buy I see stacks of PS3s and Xbox 360s some days, then most of the boxes gone (for both systems, though usually more Xboxes) a few days later, then stocks built back up again. Seems they're selling pretty steadily.

And I never see any Wiis. But I don't care, because I've already got one.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

6. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

You never know. The majority of new 360's are probably going out to people to replace their broken ones instead of getting out to stores.... ;) :D

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

MuahHhahhahhhHHAHhhhhhaaa haaa *COUGH* *cough* *BullS#!^e* *cough*

OMG! I better run down to any of the local stores to choose from the stockpiles of 360s, before 8 million other people get there before me. :eek:

Microsoft probably counts the replacements as sells. :)

<]=)

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Thing is there is a big big difference between seeing stacks of boxes and having stock of consoles.

A few local stores near me have for example around 20 ps3 boxes mostly 60GB version, and similar number of 360 elite boxes on display around the shop (long big high shelf).

And yet they have only two PS3 40gb in stock, and one elite 360, and one premium 360 actually in stock to sell.

Just because we see a box does not mean the item is in stock, or if it is - it is certainly not indicative of the level of stock the shop has. Plenty of shops have/had Wii boxes on display but had no stock lasy year too.

None of us truly know the situation. I gave Nintendo the benefit of doubt when all the naysayers were saying they were fabricating the shortages last year, and I see no reason why I should not give microsoft the benefit of doubt here too, until someone proves categorically otherwise.

Just seeing boxes in a shop is not proof.

9. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Then what's in the boxes, weighing them down? Small game shops often have empty boxes for display purposes. However, most large retailers don't do that. Generally, if there is a box on the salesfloor, it has a console in it for purchase.

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well it takes some time to ship over the "sitting on the shelf" 360s from continental europe so that might cause some shortages

you know there are only so many consoles they haven't bought

though microsoft does it's best in not advertising here to bring them over to the good old US