iPod touch Microsoft Silverlight?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kkhazae, Jul 8, 2013.

1. kkhazae macrumors newbie

Let me preface this with the fact that I'm incredibly green when it comes to this stuff and my question is probably redundant, but is there any way to get Silverlight on a jailbroken iPod Touch 2g 4.2.1?

I was trying to watch Netflix and, naturally, the app didn't work. Later I find out that I'm a slave to technology and things hold their relevancy for only 3 years. Whatever, so I decided to see what the world of jailbreaking had to offer. I Come to find out there's an application that allows me to bypass the mobile version of websites! Wonderful, now I can stream Netflix on my iPod Touch just like I do my PS3, laptop, television, or ANY OTHER DEVICE. Nope.

So here we are. Conceptually, it doesn't make sense to me that my Touch won't stream Netflix. Is this **** possible? Is there a way to extract the file from safari somehow? Can i install a new browser to play it?

Thanks

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

To my understanding Netflix blocks the device from streaming on their website. The only way this works I if you're on an approved device. Maybe try a browser that can alter the user agent?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced