Microsoft Skydrive

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pilot1226, Apr 25, 2012.

1. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Just wanted to point this out if you don't know about it - Microsoft Skydrive (app available for Windows, Mac OS, iOS devices) is available now for online storage. 7 GB of free cloud storage with more via paid subscriptions up to (I think?) 25 GB.

It's wonderful. Upon download to my computer, I now have a Skydrive link where I just drag and drop things onto my SkyDrive and then I can access them via my iPhone.

I've been waiting for a powerful solution with enough storage to make it worth it; I now have my laptop and desktop sync some of my more important "irreplacable" files.

Hopefully this 7 GB limit will become something more in the future, but until then, I e-mail myself my photo images to my Gmail account and dummy Gmail accounts for my online storage in the event of catastrophic loss (fire, etc.)

2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

If you've had a Hotmail account before the Skydrive announcement, you can be upgraded to 25GB for free. A reward for "loyalty".

3. skinniezinho macrumors 65816

I did that today.
    The only downside: the mac client requires lion.

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I've been using SkyDrive for a bout 2 months now, they let me get 25 GB for free

on the iOS app when I go to add an item to upload a picture, my Photo Albums is blank and wont let me select any photos. Anyone having this issue?

5. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I didn't previously use Skydrive, because it was a web only thing, now they've finally added a desktop client to take the hassle out of uploading things I'll use it much more.

6. doc.pope macrumors newbie