Microsoft store opening in Metro West Boston, June 8

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by AppleScruff1, Jun 6, 2013.

1. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

2. AppleScruff1 thread starter macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

We were out shopping tonight and stopped in to check out the Microsoft Store. It is only two doors down from the Apple store which has been at the mall since the new section opened about 5 or 6 years ago. I think they did a nice job on the displays and they also have a band of video screens running around the store at eye level showing various Microsoft products, etc. The employee said that they are 32" panels and they are stacked 2 high forming a continuous band from front to back and wrapping onto the back wall of the store.

There were lots of people playing around with the display items which consisted of several Surface RT's, Pros, various Windows phones, desktop computers with touch screens, laptops, ultrabooks and hybrids. They had two models of the Lenovo Yoga, the Sony Duo 11, and other HP, Samsung and Asus notebooks. Everything was touch screen.

They had a few specials and some of the notebooks were $100 or so less than they are elsewhere. They were giving out discount coupons and also a $25 credit voucher if you took a brief test drive survey comparing Google to Bing in a blind search test. And they also were giving out tickets to see the Weezer concert.

I'm curious to see how the store does a few weeks down the road when the newness wears off. The location makes it easy for anyone who wants to compare Apple's products to the various Windows items since the stores are almost next to each other. This was my first visit to a Microsoft store and I think they did a good job and made it different enough from the Apple Store.