iPad Microsoft surface: Best advertising

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mobster1983, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

I decided to visit the new Microsoft store for the first time today, and needless to say, I got bored pretty fast. I decided to change the home screen on their Surface tablets at the front entrance. :-D[​IMG]

2. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Next time be REALLY cruel.

Change the home screen to a Surface sales report

3. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Should have opened it to the buy page..where you configure what you're gonna get. Too bad you can't complete purchases yet. I'd like to see someone buy their iPad from the Microsoft store :p

4. Mobster1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL! That's a great idea. Maybe I'll do that when I buy the iPad Air. Use in store pickup, walk across the aisle of the mall and into the Apple store. They are literally right across the walkway from each other.

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

6. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

hahaha well done. This is the kind of entrepreneurial spirit I like to see and should be encouraged. Go team :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: !!!!

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

huh? Im an apple fan but this is as lame as a Msft or google fan going to MSFTs home page on all of the iPads

8. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Doing that just for the kicks?

Lame, i dont think its fun.

9. Epiphron macrumors regular

Just wondering, was this at the Valley Fair mall?

10. Mobster1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ala Moana Mall in Hawaii. They just opened a store right across from the Apple store. My wife was amazed at the fact that the Apple Store was completely packed and the Microsoft Store had maybe ten people. Poor Microsoft. Can't help feel sorry for them.

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Its the same way at Valley Fair Mall (San Jose, Ca), when I walk by its usually nearly empty.

Attached Files:

12. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Hmm, I'll have to try this... :D

I'll have two windows, one with the iPad Air and one with the Surface sales

13. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Yeah, way to add extra work for the people who work at the MS Store. I'm sure they were glad you amused yourself.

14. Mobster1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

And you think they actually have anything else to do? It's not like there are any customers there to help. ;-)

15. Rafterman macrumors 68000

One, yes, I am sure that as employees of a billion dollar corporation, they have other things to do. Its pretty arrogant of you to assume otherwise. And second, its childish. You don't go ********* around at other peoples' place of work.

The pettiness of Apple fans astounds me sometimes.

16. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Why would Microsoft even need a store that large with so few hardware to sell? Xbox, windows phone, surface?

Waste of space

17. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Microsoft as a company created petty ads comparing to the iPad. One individual doing something back is hardly childish. It's a bit of fun.

18. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

You must have forgotten Microsoft's "smoked by Windows Phone" campaign? That was petty.

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

lame…
    made me waste time, change the thread title or just close the thread.

20. Rafterman macrumors 68000

And Apple created petty ads comparing Macs and PC's. So? Companies smack each other around, that's what they do. But neither company ever forked around with each others' employees or their work. That's going too far.

And what business is it of yours to "do something back"? Do you work for Apple? Why do you take ads so personally that you need to "do something back"?

Show respect for people at their workplace. It that simple.

21. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Your extremely over the top. The guy was having fun. No one was injured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Somehow I don't think many here would demonstrate this same response if a Microsoft troll went into an Apple store and brought up the Surface page on an iPad.

But I can understand why some would feel threatened by the presence of the Surface that they felt the need to do something like that. Otherwise why bother with a device that is "already dead"? :confused:

23. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Demo machines have to be reset periodically anyway, people do all sorts of things to them, so it's not like this made any extra work for the store employee.

And people have played this type of prank at Apple stores too. I remember when the jailbreakme.com jailbreak was out, some people went to Apple stores and jailbroke as many iDevices as they could. There was another prank that somebody else did, the details of which are escaping me at the moment. But it was Apple fans playing jokes at Apple stores.

It's just a bit of harmless fun, no need to get so serious about it.

24. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

The surface isn't dead it's just a very nich product,