Microsoft Sync in my car problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AztecKing, Oct 16, 2013.

1. AztecKing macrumors member

AztecKing

I have a 2010 Ford Taurus with Sync and every time I start the car and my phone connects via bluetooth the system turns on my music in my iTunes on my iPhone 5. I have ios 7 now and it did it when I had ios 6. I had the dealer update my Sync last week when I had it in for service so I'm running the latest version in my car. I'm getting tired of turning on my phone and stopping it from just setting there playing while I drive and using up battery.

I'm at my wits end with this. Please help.

Jeff

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I have a 2010 Fusion Sport with the same Sync system but mine doesn't do this. It only begins to play if I have the media center set to source of bluetooth. The only thing it does by default after connecting is it switches to phone and shows me the keypad on the display.

3. AztecKing thread starter macrumors member

AztecKing

Mine doesn't play over the speakers unless I choose the media source like yours but when I look at my phone it's playing on my phone. I can't figure out what is opening up my music app and makes it start playing. I always have my radio set to Sirius and it starts playing when I turn on the car so it's not that I have media chosen.

My default screen is the left half is navigation and the right half has radio on the top half and climate control on the bottom. Mine doesn't change when the phone hooks up. It has a little pop up window that says phone connected but that goes away in a few seconds. I don't know why our systems would be different. That's strange.

Jeff