Microsoft to Upstage 3G iPhone... HA.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tallest Skil, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

A recent post on Gizmodo says that Microsoft is to announce an Xbox 360 with Blu-ray one hour before the start of the WWDC Stevenote in an attempt to steal the thunder from the 3G iPhone.

I thought we could all use a good laugh to ease the pre-Stevenote tension.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

well that would be cool to have a 360 w/blu-ray!

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

lol even the anti-apple brigade (the commentators) on that article are laughing

4. shaunomacx macrumors member

shaunomacx

I'd love that but its laugable cause its not even meant to be released til xmas!

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Don't forget that Microsoft is running a "10,000" person exp/conference in 2 days time too...

10th - 13th, Tech Ed N. America Link here

Seeing as Microsoft backed HD DVD over Blu Ray anyway... (though it could well have been tactical ;))
    I guess they could always upgrade to a Blue ring of Death for the Blu Ray versions.

6. Mollemand macrumors regular

It's not like it's a surprise that the 360 can't stay on the HD drive, as it has been declared dead.

BD on Xbox was to be expected.

7. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

M$ should concentrate on getting their console to work properly as it is before they start adding in things like a BD drive. :rolleyes:

After replacing my first 360 (due to their faulty craftsmanship) and then getting shafted with DRM issues on XBLA games I legally purchased (to the tune of about $500), this will be my last M$ purchase.

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If they announce a Blu-Ray 360 an hour before Steve takes the stage, I suspect it would be less to steal Apple's thunder, and more because they know that's when everyone is going to be reading the tech news sites.

9. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

They would be stupid to do this. They have a vested interest in the iphone working as they have licenced ActiveSync to Apple (and I would assume they make the money per unit).

10. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

If that does not work then Ballmer will settle it the old fashion way by passing Jobs a note during 4th period history that reads "Oh yeah?! Well my dad can beat up your dad!"

11. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

those DRM issues are easily fixed by re-downloading the games to the refurb console. Same HDD i know. but you have to have it ON the console. I have the same problem with my rockband downloads when I take my HDD to my buddies house (any console other than my own has to be conncected to live for it to work).

Turn on your xbox, delete all your $500 worth of xbla games, then look in your account info in the marketplace blade, then choose to re download all of your games and DLC (at NO cost, unlike itunes). it sux and it takes forever. but then you will have offline play on THAT console.

12. phinnaeus macrumors member

A quote from the comments on the article page, which completely reflects my own view:

"Where are all the journalists going to be during this announcement? Oh right, sitting in Moscone West, not giving a **** about the Xbox."

13. The General macrumors 601

Nothing will stop me from www.macrumorslive.com at 10AM tomorrow.

NOTHING.

Especially not an Xbox360 w/ Blu-ray.

14. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Its just not a good plan...a new SKU for a console will never steal the thunder from WWDC. Devs will be listen to WWDC for the programing stuff, and consumers will be watching WWDC for a new iPhone, a blue-ray xbox would be buried on tech sites.

15. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

16. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

They would much rather see the death of the iPhone than its success.

17. ripkord macrumors 6502