Microsoft training manual teaches Best Buy employees to troll Mac users

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by haiggy, Sep 9, 2009.

1. haiggy macrumors 65816

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/ne..._term=Main Account&utm_campaign=microblogging

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

But, for the average consumer shopping at Best Buy, true.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You just got to wonder in this day and age, that MS continues to try to play these games.

As it stands, I used Ubuntu whenever I'm not in OSX and find it a more stable, virus free OS then windows ever could wish to be.

The sad thing is, that folks look up to the best buy people as experts and believe me they're anything but. I've heard them talk before and their lack of grasp of the most basic computing terms and subjects is amazing. Not to completely dis BB because I've really heard some off the wall comments on what's ram, and storage at an apple store. Stupid is an equal opportunity feature :D

5. polaris20 macrumors 68020

There are a few members here who MS could recruit. They've already got the trolling down pat.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    LOLZ at the the slideshow. How ignorant. That's exactly why you don't go to worst buy. :)

7. Flybye macrumors regular

I am so going to Best Buy this weekend to test this out. :D
    On a side note, Apple training material is no where near this negative on the PCs.

8. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Bloody typical. :rolleyes:

So, they have a bad corporate/product/brand image, and rather than looking inward to fix the problem, they go on the attack, figuring it's not a problem at all but everyone out there is wrong.

Good thing I don't go to Best Buy anyway. The salespeeps are so snippy and rude..

9. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

It's good training material - I see nothing which is inaccurate here. Remember, the aim is to train people to sell the stock they have, so if they have to tell them that a competitor's products are worse for them (which they are if they match these slides) then so be it.

The more people who realise just how much of a rip off Apple's Mobile Me service is the better - there is no reason for anyone to be paying money for anything like this when the same is available elsewhere for absolutely nothing. Oh yeah, and Windows Live Writer lets you edit documents, iWork.com only lets you view them.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Sure there is, its called CHOICE. If I choose to have all my calenders synced up, have my idisk, locate my iphone, etc for a fee that I accept, then yes there is a reason.

11. tdgrn macrumors 6502

One thing that I didn't see in this article was that this training is for a free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate ...

12. djellison macrumors 68020

Sorry - where is this 'trolling'. Everything in those slides is either true or at least half true. There's no gratuitous misinformation there as there is in the I'm a Mac/ I'm a PC adverts which are at best, intentionally misleading.

Where is the trolling, exactly?

13. three macrumors 6502a

three

I'm going to take in my MacBook Air to Best Buy next week and see what they say. ;)