Microsoft universal mobile keyboard for tablets - does it work with Smart Cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MyAppleWorld, Jan 4, 2016.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I'm considering buying the Microsoft keyboard like this http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...UK_GooglePLA&gclid=CO7Dmby8jcoCFRBmGwodbYMIFQ

If I have the iPad Air 2 with Smart Cover, will I need to remove it before docking or can I just fold it over the back of the iPad?

I like the look of this because when the keyboard is closed it automatically turns off - I figured the use case would mean that the on screen keyboard would only be active when I am not docked.

Either that, or I am going to go for the Logitech keys to go and use the Smart Cover as a Stand.

Mostly I will be using this on a sofa arm (arms are quite big so smart cover is stable)

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Hard to say. But if you do not want to remove the Smart Cover, and the cover + iPad is too thick for that slot, perhaps you could insert the iPad so the part that connects the cover to the iPad is on top?

3. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Genius, I never thought of that ! Thanks

4. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

You can leave the Smart Cover on to dock with the microsoft keyboard - the slot is plenty wide enough (designed for much thicker tablets than the Air).

5. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

It works. And I really like the one I had for about two days before I had to return it. Apparently Microsoft has a batch of these out there that do not charge. They will work when plugged in to a power source. Amazon reviews for the last month seem to show the problem was widespread, but I haven't checked back since returning mine, so perhaps they have remedied the issue.