MICROSOFT USING A POWERBOOK Ti ON THEIR WEBSITE!!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by marold280, May 15, 2008.

1. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

Hello everyone. don't ask me why, but i came on to the microsoft website earlier on. and it appears that if you click on the security tab on the homepage, there is a powerbook titanium!! lol @ that! here is a link
    http://www.microsoft.com/en/gb/
    hope im right :D

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

*yawn*. Old news - they've just bought a stock shot and that (and others like it) has been on the site for years.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Many times they will get stock photos from a photo publisher, and this is what they had...

4. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

that is wayyyyy too funny...:D

possible windows/mac merger coming?

kidding kidding

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Shocking news. The next thing we know, they'll actually be writing software for Macs! :eek:

6. marold280 thread starter macrumors 6502

marold280

They are actual idiots. they use all the aqua backgrounds on the pc world pc's as well :p

7. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

It's really slack actually, their business is to sell Windows, the TiBook could never run Windows natively.

Think of this — most people don't read all the words, they scan them:

You see the word “Security”, a Macintosh and a big green tick. What are you meant to think! It could easily be construed in the wrong way.

It's also a bit disrespectful to their OEM partners like HP, Lenovo and Sony.

I'll also add: At least they had taste: the Ti designs were better looking than the Al designs which followed.

8. kamm macrumors regular

kamm

Yeah, imagine - gulp....

... - OFFICE ON THE MAC!!!

That would be something, huh?

9. macwall macrumors 6502

10. 7031 macrumors 6502

Same here. Maybe they go on Macrumors and thought, "Oh crap! We need to change that before people realize how much we love Macs!".

11. marold280 thread starter macrumors 6502

marold280

for those of you who can't see it this is what is on the site.

Attached Files:

12. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I wont say who, but I work at a marketing agency for another IT firm. You can't believe HOW many mac images get used. Every week I'm reminding someone that that stock image has a mac in it and therefore shouldn't be used to market XYZ (another huge IT firm).

13. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

That is so old.

And not such a big deal. Now that Macs can run Windows, might as well take the best-looking computers you can get your hands on.

(Yes, I know that the TiBook isn't an Intel model, but it's still a Mac.)

14. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

where did my post go? lol

well its microsoft..they always loved apple designs

15. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

You also have millions to burn through on consultant and brand and marketing experts and happen to be one of the richest companies in the world:

Do you:

[A] A group of companies pay you money (quite a lot of money!) and bundle Windows as default). Some of these companies make good, nice looking hardware (we all know who) and print statements such “We recommend Vista Home Premium”.

Another company bundles their own rival OS, constantly puts the boot into your latest OS and pays you absolutely nothing.

Time to pick a picture of a computer for your homepage, do you pick one made by one of the companies outline in A or one by the company outlined in B?

That's why it's a big deal.

This isn't a 5th grader knocking up a webpage in iWeb (although they'd probably have more attention to detail). The phrase the devil in the detail is so true, by paying attention to the small things, you normally get the big things right.