Microsoft Visio

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eric/, Jan 5, 2012.

1. eric/ Guest

eric/

Does anybody know of any good alternatives/solutions for using Microsoft Visio on OSX? I have to use Visio for a class and would prefer not having to install Windows or use the computer lab to complete projects that have to be done in Visio.

Thanks

2. Sirolway macrumors 6502

Ugh Visio!
    OmniGraffle seems to be the popular OS X diagramming tool but not sure if it will produce Visio-compatible output if that's what you need ...

3. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

If you save OmniGraffe documents in XML Visio will be able to open then. There are numerous templates available on the internet that enhance that make OG every bit as good as Visio.

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

5. Zerozal macrumors 6502

OmniGraffle Pro will open Visio files directly. The Omni Group offers education discounts, so you won't have to pay full price.

6. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Thank you for your suggestions. I will check that software out immediately. The only issue is that this is for a class, so I'll have to find a way to be proficient in the software mentioned so that I can recreate products in it, instead of Visio and have them imputed in and out of a Visio format for my professor.