All iPads Microsoft Wedge Keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by i0Nic, Dec 15, 2013.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the bluetooth Microsoft Wedge Keyboard? Looks pretty great, and seems more portable the apple wireless keyboard.

2. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

I have this keyboard. I was windows 8 curious for a couple months last winter, man that was a bad it me in my life ;)

The good

It's very compact and well made. It pairs easily and it wakes/sleep when you take off/put on the really nice cover/stand it comes with. The cover/stand is very sturdy and folds to prop up the ipad if you have no way to otherwise. It does not lose connection and I've had it for about a year and haven't changed the batteries yet.

The bad

It's a little heavy with the cover. Some of the shortcut keys at the top work with the ipad like volume and play/pause track shortcuts, but not as many as any keyboard built for an ipad. It's also a little cramped. The angle of the keys around the edge help but honestly the on screen keyboard on my air feels less cramped. Keys are a little slippery and hard to find since they are so close together.

Overall it's very nice if you don't need all the shortcut keys. Well built and can take travel admirably.

That said, I don't really use it and prefer the on screen keyboard. But I'm really good with the on-screen keyboard.

3. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the review! Appreciate it.

It seems like it's not a worthwhile investment then overall. Are you looking at or have you used any other keyboards you might get instead? Or have you settled with the on screen keyboard.

In terms of weight, it might feel heavy but I think it's actually lighter then the apple wireless keyboard is it not?

I'm personally looking for a keyboard that I can easily detach or use separately, just leave it in my bag. However maybe I should continue to try and persevere with the on screen keyboard.

4. Carlanga, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013

Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I was going to tell you they are $10 clearance on office depot, but I see you do not live in the US.

I don't think it works with iPads.

EDIT: SORRY $10 the mouse!

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Apparently so. $10 for one of these seems like a great deal.

http://www.engadget.com/products/microsoft/wedge/mobile-keyboard/

B

6. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

I wholeheartedly agree that at $10 it's a steal.

It is pretty light, the keyboard itself. The cover is pretty heavy though and is necessary for travel.

I've used the apple wireless keyboard and that feels more right compared to this keyboard.

I don't think you'll get a nicer portable keyboard for $10 though.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Sorry guys/gals, I was thinking the wedge mouse, oops. That is the one I saw for $10. Yes, KB should work I believe. Maybe the KB is prob on clearance too at OD.