Microsoft wireless desktop 3000 Review

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SpokaneMac, Feb 14, 2010.

1. SpokaneMac macrumors newbie

SpokaneMac

Went into local BB to pick up a new wired APple KB and came out with a Mr. Softy wireless low profile keyboard and Mouse
    for the same price as the wired APple KB... Hmmmm.
    It is called he Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 and can be had on sale for $49.99....*Normally $70.00
    What the heck, I thought..I am tired of wearing out Apple keyboards. It loaded the software and the KB works fine. KB and mouse is tunable via prefs in the system folder.
    Only complaint is the MOUSE weighs a ton and is alittle heavy to move...it is the heaviest mouse I have ever used.. almost want to go back to my wired MSFT mouse. The software loads in so the KB works just like a the APple KB.. NO mousepad is needed either.. works just fine on just about any surfaces..
    I am using it on the naked Faux wood desk..
    Took 2AA batts each.. we'll see how long that last..
    Anyone make the conversion over to one of these ?

2. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

I use the wired version of this keyboard at home, and it works well enough. I use a wired apple keyboard at work, and while I like it, sometimes one feels better than the other.

3. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

How do you do that? I find I wear out before the keyboard does.

4. SpokaneMac thread starter macrumors newbie

SpokaneMac

I wear them out by the keys stop working...

End of story is that I returned the MS wireless
    KB and mouse and exchanged it for the new aluminum wired Apple KB as I was having issues with the MS KB and mouse. to wit;
    I can type faster than the MS KB and it was not keeping pace with me... That was frustrating.. The mouse was hard to move as it weighed alot and the pointer was stuttering...So I ended up with the APple wired KB and hope this one lasts longer than the last one..
    I love the low and elegant design and it keeps up just fine..