Microsoft Word 2008 Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itsthedream, Jul 26, 2008.

1. itsthedream macrumors newbie

I had been working on a research paper for the last week and have been saving regularly. Today, I opened the document and highlighted two rows of a table to convert to a graph, although i could not actually do it. I had the two columns selected of the table i created and i selected the "graph" option. I realized that this wouldnt work since i wasnt using Excel, so i pressed Command+Q to quit out. Now every single time I open the document, it takes me back to the previous save, which is about 7 pages back. Is there something that I did wrong? How do i fix this? I don't have Time Machine configured since i do not have a separate hard drive, which is a huge mistake when I look back.

2. itsthedream thread starter macrumors newbie

oh yeah, and when i quit out, it asked me if i wanted to save and i said "no" since i just had opened to document specifically to make the graph.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

it looks like you just didn't save your document. It's a little ridiculous that you didn't save once in seven pages. You only have to press command+S :rolleyes:

Well lesson learned, next time you'll save more often.

4. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

Nono, what happened was, he opened a document, tried to do something, and decided to cancel, so he closed it. Upon opening it again, suddenly the document had reverted to something far more primitive. ? I am confused.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

oh well then I dunno... maybe he opened an old file and misplaced the other one.

6. muldul macrumors 6502

It jus sounds like a classic case of not saving, sorry for all your work lost

7. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

He did save so that isn't helpful, Threaten to Sue M$ until Bill Gates writes what ever it was you were writing about as it is their fault for bringing a crap program to the market LoL

Nah I think in what ever you did with that graph you screwed it up pretty bad:( but are you sure there isn't another copy on the Mac?

8. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Can you recall a specific word in the most current (and lost version) that can be used to search using Spotlight? Might get luck and find something ?!?!