Microsoft Word for Mac: Suggestions?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zotter87, Jul 16, 2009.

1. zotter87 macrumors newbie

I recently switched to a Mac and I love it. Everything works awesome and I love the operating system. However I've recently been notified that my attachments in some emails I've been sending through Pages are not able to be opened by the people receiving them on the other end. I think I have to format those docs in Word for the non-mac users to see them. Also, mostly its been in the case of sending out resumes, so suggesting they download a patch program to be able to open pages docs really isn't an option.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Either save as a .doc or save as a .pdf. If you are doing stuff that is formatting intensive, the latter might be the better option. There also is no patch for them to open up .pages documents on a PC.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are not sending Pages .pages documents to your Windows-using friends, are you? To be clear, you may export a Pages document in Word .doc format. You may also export them as .rtf which virtually any Word user can open and edit transparently. If you are sending Pages documents to other Pages users, then you must take into account the version used by your recipient. Earlier versions of .pages documents were not single files, but were bundles (directory structures). Newer versions of .pages are Zipped archives of the older bundles.

For things like résumés and other documents for which your recipients have no need to edit, send PDF versions of your documents. This eliminates the possibility of conversion glitches. You may either export to PDF or print to PDF at your whim.

4. zotter87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes my intention was to send a pages document in a format that PC users can open and view. The pdf suggestion seems very useful.

Thanks