Microsofts Advice concerning June

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iGeRmAn, May 12, 2009.

1. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Another failure for ms if this is to be believed, if there's a new iPhone I'll be getting that.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Please don't buy an iPhone.

Why not?

Pretty please?

No, really. Why shouldn't I...

With a cherry on top?

I just don't think that...

Don't you love me? If you loved me, you'd trust me.

sigh

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Doesn't hurt to wait and see. now in US market, Pre with Sprint, iPhone with ATT, android started with T-Mobile and going around, Verizon with BB storm.

IF MS were to exclusive with one carrier, rather than following its previous course of offering software only, I wonder which network would that be? Im guessing Verizon for now.

The info in the tweet would be more appropriate if MS were to be going with ATT or sprint. Otherwise, there would be no head to head competition. If MS follows the previous course of offering software only.. I can't imagine it entering market in 6 months. Unless it can partner with carriers to update existing devices.

We shall see.

5. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Yup. Sounds about right. :D

6. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I've already purchased way too many iPhone accessories to ever switch to a Zune/Pre/G1

I wouldn't consider switching unless this Zune phone is a much of a Jesus phone is, as the iPhone was when it came out.

Even if it's marginally better, I wouldn't switch.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Meh,

trying to steal some of the thunder from both palm and apple. I doubt they'll have much. If rumors are true, they'll have an iPod touch knock off (probably in that ugly brown color). I don't see how they can tell people to hold off on the iphone (or pre) with an unannounced product and given MS' track record I'd not really get too excited.

Personally I like keeping my music and not worry about losing it if I stop paying the subscription service.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Wm 7? ;)
    Didn't Ballmer get heckled last time Microsoft got this way?
    Wow - March 05, 2009 Ballmer promises faster Windows Mobile development - now, 3 months later it's Stop Press?

9. knightlie macrumors 6502a

Yeah, because Microsoft will come out with an iPhone- and Pre-beating 1st gen product. :rolleyes: