Microsoft's "Innovative" New Touch Mouse ;)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Wayfarer, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Attached Files:

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Looks good in black, but I still like the Apple one even tho I'm not a mouse user!

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah it does look sharp, I give MS credit they do make some good mice. I'd like to play with it to see how it feels in your hand.

I like apple's Magic Mouse but its squarish design isn't really ergonomic (at least for me).

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Without Windows, MS could beat Apple in 2 min. :D

5. msindt19 macrumors member

msindt19

It does look nice. I tried the Magic Mouse and my hand cramped so this may be something to try out.

Plus the thumb gesture looks pretty nice. Maybe it is capable of going backwards/forwards in browsers....?

6. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

They do but i still prefer Logitech :)

7. Wayfarer thread starter macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Really? I'm suprised at all of the positive reactions. :eek:

This thread was meant to be a joke, poking fun at the familiarity of Windows 7 and the functionality of their multi-touch mouse. Check out their thumbnails at the bottom of my post! Literally looks like a carbon copy of Leopard's Exposé. Well it was worth a shot. :p

8. thelead macrumors 6502

who cares? why be a fan boy? what's wrong with windows getting something similar? I didn't see them claiming it was "innovative".

anyways, the reviews aren't great which disappoints me. I can't stand the magic mouse because it just isn't comfortable to use. Especially if you're used to logitech mice.

9. Wayfarer thread starter macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Just for kicks and giggles. I'm sure many other posters would find it equally hilarious, or at least raise an eyebrow. I can't help that I've been a mac enthusiast all my life. If you think that's fanboyism, check out MacDailyNews's sensationalist headlines and biased opinions. Hilarious. Also Joy of Tech comics are famous poking fun at the tech industry. (With a slant toward the mac). You call it fanboyism, I call it harmless fun.

And sorry, I tried, but can't take this picture seriously:

[​IMG]

Can't imagine Apple using that image to advertise Magic Mouse, or anything for that matter. :D

10. thelead macrumors 6502

No harm meant. I use both daily and was just hoping that this mouse would work better than it has been reviewed.

Nonetheless, you are correct about that picture... what the hell were they thinking :p

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Excellent post!

I concur on all points. :)

12. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Thanks for saving us the trouble of figuring out if you were an ignorant, biased fanboy.

People like you are the reason us Mac enthusiasts have a bad rep. Seriously.

13. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yeah, right:rolleyes:

14. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Trolling? Or are you really that naive?

15. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

Pointing out a product's similarities doesn't give apple fans a bad name. For example, I thought that the smaller photo in the OP was a shot of expose, now if I were to say "Gee, that looks a lot like exposé" I don't think I'd be giving a bad name to anybody.

And you know, you're not really giving apple fans a good rep either. Pointing fingers at people for being "Biased fanboys" and trolls is doing a bunch more harm than good.

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

looks slightly more comfortable than the magic mouse. but i really prefer the magic trackpad to anything else these days.

17. Young Spade macrumors 68020

\
    You should really read through the thread before you start making accusations.

The quote is from the OP.

The coming into a topic and trying to sound awesome and offer sound, sage advice while taking the "high road" gets old after a while; just saying.

18. rtheb macrumors 6502

I have been using the Touch Mouse since launch and it is a great deal more comfortable than the Magic Mouse.

The main problem is that the gestures are different than the Magic Mouse so they do not perform in the same manner.

I have been using the Touch Mouse with Windows 8 for the past week and it is obvious MS had integration with Windows 8 as the ultimate goal. The Touch Mouse is instantly recognized and performs flawlessly.

I have never thought about using the TouchMouse with my Macs as I use a Wireless Keyboard and Trackpad on a BulletTrain Express and am totally spoiled.

19. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I like logitech mice too, the magic mouse is not erignomical at all. It feels like carpal tunnel to me.

Reading many apple manuals over the years, Apple demands that you buy a new desk rather than put vertical and swivel adjustments in iMacs. Great a $200 Dell LCD has more adjusmentsn than a $2000 iMac.