Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToastMaster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Found a link to this across the top of my Gmail page. We all know that Microsoft's been planning a new media player, but precious little else. I really hate the phrase "iPod killer" because they say it about every new device that comes out that plays music or video, but these pictures are sort of intriguing, in their horrifyingly blurry own way.

I don't vouch for their validity, of course. I'll leave that to Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/04/cringingly-blurry-pics-reveal-microsofts-ipod-killer/

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
*cough* fugly *cough*

Even though theyre blurry. We need to learn a little more about it, but until msft gets they're own *good* music store (I don't count URGE) I don't think well see to much of a problem

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
My guess is that it will enjoy a brief period in the sun where every iPod hater will say this is the true iPod Killer... then the new iPod will come out and everyone will shut up :p

rimrocka07011

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Sesshi said:
My guess is that it will enjoy a brief period in the sun where every iPod hater will say this is the true iPod Killer... then the new iPod will come out and everyone will shut up :p

Good guess... did you see their control arrow? And no iTunes compatibility? F outta here...

ToastMaster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
Tacoma, WA
rimrocka07011 said:
Good guess... did you see their control arrow? And no iTunes compatibility? F outta here...

Wow. Those controls are even worse than the Microsoft one. It doesn't even have any sort of scroll wheel.

Do they have any idea how long it would take to scroll through all my music with that thing?

unfaded

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
Throw it in the pile with all the other iPod-killers.

The only iPod-killer will be the next iPod, if for no other reason, because you can't legally put the iPod name onto anything else (unless, of course, you are a shoddy asian manufacturer of IPOD or the other knock-offs).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.