Microsoft's Surface event and Apple's Mac event

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tubeexperience, Oct 29, 2016.

1. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

I know that many of you watched Apple's Mac event, but did anyone Microsoft's Surface event?

At Microsoft's event, Panos Panay is so excited that you would think that he's about to start jumping up and down.

You can tell that he's very passionate about his work. (Panay is the head of Microsoft Hardware division and was previously head of the Microsoft Surface team

At Apple's, you have Phil Schiller do a dead man talk. It's so boring that I wouldn't blame anyone for falling asleep.

Then again, who can blame him when the only thing he has to sell is the Touch Bar.

It's hard to be passionate about something you don't believe in.

_________________________________________________________________________________

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

The few times when the press said 'most exciting event by microsoft so far', i actually looked, and got simply bored. I stopped watching theirs.

3. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

I fell asleep immediately that day during their small talk until the Studio was shown then went unconscious again minutes later.
    Truly the longest amount of time I payed attention to Microsoft since the XBox Event

4. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

16 hour battery life. Can be used as a tablet. Its...definitely interesting

5. Queen6, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I enjoyed the Microsoft event more as it felt less scripted and forced. The majority of Apple execs were just going through the motions, with the reveal of the MBP being very much underwhelming. When MS ran the Studio video it was like WOW, the features the Studio offers are second to none, and those in the market already know it.

Like or Loath Microsoft they certainly took the wind out of Apple`s "sails" and I think that showed in Apple`s event...

Q-6

6. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Ya know...interesting thing to note as a differentiator between the two companies: Microsoft likes and encourages comments in the comments section. Apple has their comment section closed

7. Branflaakes macrumors 6502

Microsoft under Nadella and with Panay steering Surface has become quite formidable in just the last few years alone...

Imagine what they'd be able to do in a couple more years.

8. tubeexperience thread starter macrumors 68030

Apple doesn't want your feedback, only your money.