Microsofts Xbox Team Using Macs ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by matteo2005, May 4, 2009.

1. matteo2005 macrumors newbie

I was on the Xbox 360 website browsing through endless videos when i came across what is in the attached picture, notice in the 'available devices' list there is reference to a mac pro. Make your own verdict about it.

Attached Files:

2. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

They were using Power Mac G5 in the early production step, when the development machine weren't ready. Some early developement units were technically heavily modded PM G5, still with the Apple logo. Now they are using a devellopement unit looking almost exactly as the current Xbox 360.

3. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

And they obviously stole the Wii character idea. You expect more from MS? :rolleyes:

4. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

im sure someone somewhere at apple uses windows for something

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I don't recognize that screen on the new Dashboard. What's it from anyway?

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yeah, almost certain. Like the developers of the Windows versions of QuickTime, iTunes, and Safari.

7. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Yeah, and I hear the Mac OS is also made with Windows, Microsoft makes a part of the Mac OS right?

8. magamo macrumors 6502

Touché.

By the way, I fail to see why a developer of a Microsoft product shouldn't use Mac and vice versa. If I worked for Apple and were using Linux, would I be guilty?

9. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

Don't they use MS Visual Studio for a lot of things at MS? I don't think MS Visual studio (at least the latest version) is avail on mac.

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If it was I would be on my mac more often. :mad:

11. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

And I'm pretty sure the Mac Business Unit at Microsoft, yunno the ones developing products such as Microsoft Office for Mac, use Macs. They have to.

So, it's not such a crime for a company to be seen using another's products, especially when they are producing products of their own for those "competitors". Now, if we learned that Windows 7 was being written in Xcode, we'd have a whole different situation.

12. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

The sales assistants at the Apple Store run Windows to activate your iPhone. I think they do it using VMWare Fusion.