Micrsoft Office for Mac extra programs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chelsea smile, Mar 4, 2009.

1. chelsea smile macrumors newbie

i bought this and got like 5 different programs (entourage, excel, ect)

the only programs i want are Word, and Powerpoint. if i delete the others will i corrupt those two programs? will it effect them in any way? if not, how do i delete the rest i dont want? i just dont want to waste space on my mac

2. MaTUC macrumors regular

It shouldn't affect the other applications .. maybe a more experienced person than me can give you a more secure advice :rolleyes:

3. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

Was there any sort of option for what Applications to install when you first installed it? (its been a while since I have installed a copy...)

If so, then uninstall and do a clean install, with only the ones you want.
    If not, it is going to take a lot of mucking around to delete all the crap that each application uses. How pressed for space are you, really? Because I have a feeling that this is going to be a major pain in your @$$...

4. bindigok macrumors regular

Word of advice, make sure you run Time Machine right before you try uninstalling.

I've tried slimming Office down as much as I can, but each time I try it mucks up Word or PowerPoint or Excel. Unfortunately Office has a huge footprint, and comes with a lot of crap!!! Just take time, go slowly, take screen shots so you know what you did if you need to go back. Try Xslimmer, that helped get to reduce it somewhat for me.

bindigok