Mid '09 mbp tea spillage behind of it

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crimsonidol, Nov 11, 2009.

1. crimsonidol macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I had a tea spilled on the behind of the screen of my mbp about 3 hours ago. I had disconnected the power, closed the mbp and used vacuum cleaner where the body and screen intersect, and kept it closed.

Now I turned it on to look at the advices. I could not able to find anything about behing spillages.Now I am typing from mbp and everything seems fine so far. Should I do close this for a few days? since I have no other computer it would be fatal for me, also buying another mac/pc(that i do not want after i buy it :) ) would also be fatal for me.

What are the odds happening nothing?. the damages can be seen from the first second? or they can be seen later if i keep using it?

thanks in advance.

2. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Why not open it up and check to see if any liquid or residue remains? It's not that hard, just a few screws.

3. crimsonidol thread starter macrumors newbie

well, its the middle of the night and I was studying and it did not came to my mind. I do not have a 0 screwdriver at the moment. I will buy new tomorrow and look at it. I hope there is nothing and i can continue to study the exam I have tomorrow:)

thanks for the advice

4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

short of putting it through an ultrasonic cleaner in 3 months it could die again.